Investigative reporting, freelance writing and paralegal services on contract.
Founded in January 2016, KW Investigations LLC is dedicated to the principle of an informed, empowered citizenry as the lifeblood of a healthy body politic.
We believe that advertising-funded journalism is no longer able to effectively hold power accountable to the people. We aim to fill that civic void with small-scale local investigative reporting: high-quality, on-deadline contract research and reporting for and about local government, politics, civic organizations and businesses.
Investigation Examples: Land Use Planning; Water System Planning; Food System Planning; Energy System Planning; Public Governance; Business Management; Nonprofit Management & Governance; Corruption; Fraud; Ethics Violations; Malfeasance; Abuse of Discretion; Breach of Fiduciary Obligations; Cults.
Lead Investigator Katherine Watt: KWatt CV
Call 237-0996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free half-hour consultation.
RESEARCH & REPORTING SERVICES – Packages start at $25/hr.
- File Reviews
- File Organization
- Document Collection – Public records, Right-to-Know and FOIA research
- Writing/Internal (governance documents, project updates for participants)
- Writing/Public (newsletters; detailed press releases)
- Basic Legal Research
- Basic Financial Recordkeeping (Bookkeeping)
- Basic Information Compilations: timelines, digests, etc.
- Database Management
ANALYSIS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES – Packages start at $35/hr
- Information Analysis
- Organizational Structure Analysis
- Leadership Interviews
- Leadership Skills Assessments
- Governance Analysis
- Option Development & Prioritization Recommendations
- Strategic Planning
- Benchmark scheduling
- Meeting Management
- Meeting Reporting (Minutes)
- Progress Assessments