Coverage of local food production and distribution; food preservation; homesteading skills; and micro-lending.
[Placeholder: Document Tour]
Bailiwick News coverage:
- 9.2.16 Bailiwick News – Governing Board of Friends & Farmers Co-op facing key decisions at October Annual Meeting. [Meeting rescheduled for Saturday, November 5, at 4 p.m. at the State College Friends School.]
2013 HOMESTEADER’S HANDBOOK – Farm Listings, Local Food Production, Vendors and more
- Homesteader’s Handbook (PDF)
KEEPING CHICKENS IN STATE COLLEGE
Links to the ordinance adopted Dec. 2008 by State College Borough Council, allowing residents to keep up to four chickens if the birds are properly housed and cared for, and the resident obtains the $20 permit.
- Chicken Ordinance (draft form)
- Authorizing provision (Ordinance 1913, see Section 501)
- Rules about keeping chickens (Ordinance 1912)