Centre County court corruption, fraud, incompetence; 2017 District Attorney race.
On Tuesday, November 29, State College Attorney Bernie Cantorna announced his candidacy, challenging incumbent Stacy Parks Miller for the office of Centre County District Attorney.
The primary election will be held Tuesday, May 16, 2017. The general election will be held Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- 12.16.16 Bailiwick News – Part 1 – 2017 District Attorney race highlights prosecutor accountability to voters, jurors and defendants.
- 1.6.17 Bailiwick News – Part 2 – Digging into original criminal allegations made against District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller.
- 1.20.17 Bailiwick News – Part 3 – Centre County court texting controversy and the PA Right to Know Law
- 2.5.17 Bailiwick News – Part 4 – Are the prosecutor-judge texts tuna casserole recipes and cat pictures? Late January filings to block independent review suggest the answer: No.
- Centre County DA Series – Compiled 1-4
- 4.21.17 Bailiwick News – Part 5 – Weighing competing values: government secrecy, individual privacy and public accountability
- 5.8.17 Bailiwick News – Part 6A – Timothy Piazza, Beta Theta Pi fraternity, Penn State Interfraternity Council, Pennsylvania investigating grand juries and the Centre County court credibility crisis.
- 5.13.17 Bailiwick News – Part 6B – Critical analysis: Piazza’s death, the Centre County court credibility crisis, Beta Theta Pi fraternity, corporate Penn State profiteering, and possibilities for change.
- Centre County DA Series – Compiled 1-6B